Founder, is our Chief Executive Officer and Chairman
Over the past 24 years, John has successfully raised just over 400 million dollars for public & private companies including over 20 million for his own public companies. John has extensive financial contacts and is extremely well versed with SEC compliance issues and Sarbanes Oxley. Over the past several years John has assisted 7 companies to go public directly and another 10 indirectly, raise capital and maintain compliance.
John was the founder, director and president of Stampede Worldwide, Inc., (formerly Chronicle Communications) since its inception on April 5, 1996. Stampede opened trading on the OTC: BB on August 19, 1997 and quickly became one of the top ten volume leaders. Stampede held the top ten spot for a period of five years reaching average daily volume exceeding 3.5 million shares per day and a price that reached a high of $3.41 on 16,000,000 shares on the day it reached its high. The company employed at its peak, 132 persons across 4 subsidiaries.
From September 1, 1994 until February 1996, John was the President of Southwest Georgia Shoppers, Inc., a Wholly owned subsidiary of Gray Communications Systems, Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed company, (trading symbol GCS) now called Gray Television. During his tenure with Gray, he took the company from a NASDEC listing to the NYSC. The stock price grew from $7.00 per share to $28.00 per share. Under Whitman’s leadership the company grew revenues of 79 million to revenues that exceeded 379 million.
\He is one of the co-founders of the Apollo Beach Florida Chamber of Commerce. He started the economic development initiative in South Georgia which resulted in bringing over 2,500 jobs to Grady County Georgia. He is a recipient of a Rotary International Scholastic Scholarship and a past member. He is a recipient of the Republican National Committee Gold Metal. He has served on several public company boards of directors. He was president of the Highland City Baseball League for a period of nine years which provided an average of 1,300 youth athletes’ teams of which to participate twice annually. He is an Associated Press Award Winning Photographer. He is a past Pewter Sponsor of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
John attended Hillsborough Community College and the University of South Florida. He is not degreed.
Serves as the Corporations General Counsel and Secretary
Education – Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Emory University, 1966
Juris Doctor, Emory Law School, 1969
Master of Laws, Federal Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 1973
· Securities and Exchange Commission, Senior Branch Attorney, Division of Corporation
Finance, 1970 to 1975
· Private Law Practice in Securities Law, Corporate Law And Business Transactions Law, 1975 through present
· Estate Planning and the Rule 144 Security" New York Law Forum, Volume XIX, No. 1, pp. 35-59, Summer 1973
· The Florida Bar
· State Bar of Georgia
· The Supreme Court of the United States
· U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
· U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
· District of Columbia Court of Appeals
· Federal Tax Court
· U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Current Practice Focus –
· Providing a broad variety of federal securities law opinions beginning 2004 via www.rule144solution.com and securities law services, including registration and reporting for issuers of securities.
Serves as the Corporations Chief Financial Officer.
Beginning in 1996, Tom was the managing partner of Pender Newkirk (the independent auditor of John’s first public company. He has audited John’s controlled companies for 18-years and has come out of retirement to serve as Sports Venues CFO.
A member of Warren Averett, LLC, Tom has been practicing in public accounting since 1969. He joined the legacy firm of Pender McNulty & Newkirk in April of 1976. In 1981, he became a partner of the firm. Tomled the Firm’s Audit Department and established the SEC Practice Division. Under his leadership, the firm’s SEC Practice Division was ranked 48th in Bowman First Alert’s 2006 list of the Top 100 Public Company Accounting Firms in the U.S.
He served as the Firm’s Managing Partner from 1989 to 2005, growing the company to a 52-person firm. Pender Newkirk & Company joined forces with Warren Averett, LLC in January 2013. Warren Averett, with more than 800 employees, is presently ranked among the nation’s Top 30 accounting firms. Tom retired from Warren Averett and presently serves as a partner in the accounting firm Green & Company, CPA's located in Temple Terrace, Florida.
Tom has extensive experience in assisting companies with their initial public offerings, secondary offerings, various Securities and Exchange Commission filings, reverse acquisitions, merger and acquisition planning and analysis, assistance in obtaining bank financing, private placement memorandums and estate tax planning. He is primarily responsible for auditing and tax planning functions for publicly-owned companies, including public shells, and private closely-held companies.
His industry experience includes reporting public corporations, construction firms, software developers, manufacturing companies, R.V. dealerships, mortgage brokers and bankers, brokerage dealers, international communication system companies, real estate developers, data processing companies, import/export companies, development stage enterprises and multi-state/international corporate conglomerates.
· American Subcontractors Association, Past Board member
· New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
· Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
· American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
· West Pasco Youth Soccer Association, Past Treasurer and Board Member
· Greater North Tampa Youth Soccer Association, Past Board Member
· Beta Gamma Sigma, Past Board Member
· Associate of Applied Science, State University Of New York, Farmingdale, NY
· Bachelor of Business Administration, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
· Enjoying Florida’s beaches with family
· Visiting Germany to spend time with grandchildren